There are plenty of whiskeys available in the market. But one of the most popular ones is the Bourbon whiskey. This American drink is regulated by the US government to earn its distinct name. But because of a world-famous rapper, Bourbon earned the drake whisky nickname.
Drake, the popular Canadian rapper, partnered with entrepreneur Brent Hocking to come up with a new brand of bourbon whiskey. In 2016, they released a brand called Virginia Black. If you are new to the bourbon whiskey party, here are several pointers to help you enjoy the popular drink.
How To Drink Bourbon?
Most first time drinkers mix their Bourbon whiskey with a sweet drink like soda. It may also taste great when combined with a sour mix. But if you want to enjoy the drink on its own, you may serve your drake whisky on the rocks.
You may drink your first glass of Bourbon whenever you want. There is no right or wrong way to drink it, so ensure that you have a high-quality Bourbon bottle on hand for your first try.
How To Choose The Best Bourbon?
Before buying your first bottle of Bourbon whiskey, you need to know what you are looking for in the first place. You must decide if you want to take a sip of a new drink or just looking for a specific flavour profile. It will help you simplify your choices.
It is also best if you have a specific budget in mind. You may search in the list for the best Bourbon whiskeys for a specific budget.
How To Prepare For A Bourbon Tasting?
If you are planning to host a Bourbon whiskey tasting party for you and your friends, here are several items that you need to prepare:
- Extensive Line Of Whiskeys – Get as many Bourbons as you can for your tasting party. You must include wheat Bourbons or high rye Bourbons like Drake’s Virginia Black. You must also present options like high proof whiskeys and low proof whiskeys.
- High-quality Glasses – There are plenty of glasses available for whiskey drinking. You may invest in Glencairn whiskey glasses for a more sophisticated feel. But you may use a simple rock glass if you want to.
- Bottled Water – You need to serve bottled water to cleanse your palate between the glasses of drinks you will consume. You can also infuse several drops of water to check how it affects the flavour profile of the glass.
- Tasty Snacks – It is ideal to have something to munch on while enjoying glasses of Bourbon whiskey. But if you want to keep things light, you may serve basic saltine crackers to serve as another palate cleanser.
- Delicious Food Pairing – Aside from snacks, you must also serve delectable food during your Bourbon tasting party. You can try at least three food pairs to eat while drinking the Bourbon to check if the flavour profile changes. Some of the recommended food pairs include chocolate, different kinds of nuts, dried fruits, and cheeses. Hard cheeses are popular for pairing with this type of drink.
Drinking Bourbon whiskey for the first time can be an exciting experience. You only need to have an open mind and palate to help you appreciate the wonderful flavours of this delicious drink. It will help you get a new favourite whiskey drink in no time.