Want unmatched control and performance in off-road trails? Then, Steg Peg got you covered.
With this accessory, you will be able to get better control and grip on the bike with your legs and not just the arms. The control you will get through this will help reduce fatigue and arm pump.
Steg Pegz has been designed specifically by Stephen ‘Stegz’ Smith, the Australian State QLD Motocross champion from the year 2009. It is a lightweight, adjustable, easy, and quick-to-fit accessory that is used for rough tracks, trails, and whopped-out sand. You have to bolt it to your bike and it will take the pressure off your arms. Here is what it offers:
- Cut-offs seconds from lap times
- Reduces fatigue and arm pump significantly
- Hammers terrain faster than ever before
- Improves rear wheel traction while you are standing under acceleration
- Provides better control and grip effortlessly through your legs
- Loft front wheel over obstacles easily
- Results in a set bouncing effect when you jump standing up
- Makes even the gnarliest tracks look easy
Benefits of using a Steg Pegz
As mentioned above, there are a lot of benefits of using Steg Pegz. But, here is why it stand out:
- Concept – These accessories are rubber pucks that might look like skateboard wheels. You attach them to the side panels of your bike so that you have a place to rest your boots against the puck. This way, you don’t have to hang tightly onto the handlebars. The main aim of using Steg Pegz is to allow your body to lean forward on the bike while accelerating without using a lot of upper body strength.
- Installation – Since Steg Pegz is available for all the major brands. Also, since they can be bolted into the existing holes and come with the required mounting hardware, installing them is very easy.
- Adjustment – Adjusting Steg Pegz is an easy task. You can move the rubber pucks forth and back into the slot. It is recommended that you start by bolting the pucks right in the middle of the bike’s slot. For the first few rides, you might want to move the pucks back as they will feel foreign to your feet. It is important that you stick with the middle position. The more you ride with the pucks, the more adept you will be at using them. There are a lot of other factors that come into play while deciding the position of the pucks such as personal preference, riding style, and leg length. Some riders might prefer a thicker puck so that they are able to find it easily. Whatever your preference might be, you will be able to work it out as you can buy an extension for the Steg Pegz for forwarding adjustability.
- Performance – The first time you ride your bike with the Steg Pegz might be uncomfortable. But, the more you ride, you will realize how much it helps you. If you use them correctly, you will be able to take some weight off your arms while accelerating. You don’t have to worry about your boots getting caught on the pucks.
- Wear – Just like how the knobs on a tire get rounded off, the edge of the Steg Pegz might get worn off. However, the replacement pucks are cheap and you will be able to get at least a year’s use out of them before having to replace them.
The design of Steg Pegz has been created in a way to make your ride easier, in the toughest of conditions. Before you take your bike out for a ride, don’t forget to install Steg Pegz.